A Parliamentary System of Government is one in whic
With reference to Deputy Speaker of Lok Sabha, consider the following statements:
1. As per the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in Lok Sabha, the election of Deputy Speaker shall be held on such date as the Speaker may fix.
2. There is a mandatory provision that the election of a candidate as Deputy Speaker of Lok Sabha shall be from either the principal opposition party or the ruling party.
3. The Deputy Speaker has the same power as of the Speaker when presiding over the sitting of the House and no appeal lies against his rulings.
4. The well established parliamentary practice regarding the appointment of Deputy Speaker is that the motion is moved by the Speaker and duly seconded by the Prime Minister.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
Rajya Sabha has equal powers with Lok Sabha in
A legislation which confers on the executive or administrative authority an unguided and uncontrolled discretionary power in the matter of application of law violates which one of the following Articles of the Constitution of India?
Which of the following is/are the exclusive power(s) of Lok Sabha?
1. To ratify the declaration of Emergency
2. To pass a motion of no-confidence against the Council of Ministers
3. To impeach the President of India
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
Consider the following statements:
1. The President of India can summon a session of the Parliament at such place as
he/she thinks fit.
2. The Constitution of India provides for three sessions of the Parliament in a year, but it
is not mandatory to conduct all three sessions.
3. There is no minimum number of days of that the Parliament is required to meet in a
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
With reference to Finance Bill and Money Bill in the Indian Parliament, consider the following statements :
1. When the Lok Sabha transmits Finance Bill to the Rajya Sabha, it can amend or reject the Bill.
2. When the Lok Sabha transmits Money Bill to the Rajya Sabha, it cannot amend or reject the Bill, it can only make recommendations.
3 . In the case of disagreement between the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha, there is no joint
sitting for Money Bill, but a joint sitting becomes necessary for Finance Bill.
How many of the above statements are correct?
Responses has been submitted
An error occurred. Try again later